Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Pizza and Salad

I had spinach I needed to use, so I made a pesto and added ricotta. I prepared some pasta for night #1, then this pizza for night #2. These are Sam's dinners, by the way. Pasta is always consumed eagerly. The pizza ... was rejected. He tried. He picked up his little slices and turned them this way and that. He was unmoved by the small amount of flavor he got from licking a piece. Back on the plate it went, shoved across the table at me with a firm, "All done. All done." Fine, Cheerios it is. It would be nice if what I made for Sam got the same reception that Cheerios get: "Ohhhhhhh." This is high pitched and delivered with a sense of delight.
More spinach to use became a salad for Josh and me. This is New Best Light's Spinach Salad with Sausage and Apples. I found an apple-chardonnay sausage at Trader Joe's - excellent. You saute red onion, toast walnuts (which I didn't have, so I used pistachios), then warm the dressing of cider vinegar and mustard so that it wilts the spinach ever so slightly when you pour it on. Lovely. Apples and nuts really complete a salad, don't they?

2 comments:

  1. So...are you going to be posting recipes on this blog?? You know me..part autistic so I need numbers....directions.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to figure out how to link to Word docs or something. I was thinking that I could post the recipes on request, by clicking. I will investigate. Yes. Thanks for asking. I'm on it.

    ReplyDelete